Click on the picture to show the back cover.
Gain knowledge and tools
for creative problem solving
Everyone interested in a systematic and algorithmic approach to creative problem solving may learn the material required to obtain the Level 1 of MATRIZ certification. The book shows how to become an experienced creative problem solver through practical exercises. Individuals, who have already obtained the MATRIZ Level 1 certificate, will find a systematized knowledge in the textbook, as well as new, real life examples. Readers will learn both the tools for identifying and analyzing the right creative problems as well as the tools for quickly developing effective solutions.
Knowledge about modern TRIZ has never been so easy to acquire!
What you get
- It teaches and provides specific tools for creative problem solving.
- It contains material covering State of the Art TRIZ – up to date TRIZ tools.
- Exercises for sharpening your problem solving skills and the direction for applying the acquired knowledge for solving real life problems.
- The TRIZ methodology tools have been collected and presented in an easy to understand fashion.
- Compliant with the requirements of the International TRIZ Association for Level 1 certification, sufficient for passing Level 1 exam and obtaining the MATRIZ certificate.
For all orders, we add a useful paper version of Altshuller Matrix and a list of 40 Inventive Principles!
Fragment of the Altshuller’s Matrix. Click to change image.
From the publisher
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are giving you the first textbook on the TRIZ methodology in accordance with the requirements of the International TRIZ Association. It presents the latest TRIZ tools to the extent required to obtain the Level 1 certification. The effectiveness of these tools is evidenced by their growing popularity in companies and corporations around the world. We wish you pleasant reading and excellent results in creative problem solving using the TRIZ tools.
The textbook’s publisher is Novismo Ltd.
Dr. Sergei Ikovenko
Dr. Sergey Yatsunenko
Dr. Mark G. Barkan
Dr. Serhiy Kobyakov
English, 238 pages.
Publisher: Novismo Ltd.
The textbook is recommended by the MA TRIZ counsil on Expertise and Methodology as a study guide in preparation for the Level 1 certification exam
The edition has Honorary Patronage and the recommendation of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
The textbook is recommended by the Polish TRIZ Scientific and Industrial Association
Table of Contents
About the authors
2. Introduction to the TRIZ based Systematic Problem-solving method
3. Function Analysis for Products
4. Introduction to Cause-Effect Chain Analysis
5. Trimming for Products
6. Engineering Contradictions and the Contradiction Matrix
7. Physical Contradictions and the System Operator
9. Engineering system resources – introduction*
Appendix 1. Biography of Genrikh Saulovich Altshuller – the creator of TRIZ
Appendix 2. The List of 40 Inventive Principles
Appendix 3 Application of Engineering (System) Contradictions and Altshuller’s Matrix
Appendix 4. Physical Contradiction Resolution
Appendix 5. Interpretation of typical parameters in the Contradiction Matrix
Appendix 6. The Statistics of Elementary Functions in Engineering System Models
Appendix 7. Types of Resources
Appendix 8. Overview of the selected problem-solving tools
Selected pages of the textbook. Click to change image.